Preferred Hotel Partnerships with Consortia and TMCs
With global partnerships and preferred agreements spanning the globe we know one or two things about demand generation.
We work with global consortia and travel management companies, enabling your hotel to participate in their Preferred Hotel Programmes. We are also able to offer significant value to your hotel through reduced consortia fees meaning you can get involved in more programmes, at a lower cost. This ensures not only greater reach and visibility on the agency booking systems, but a positive biasing in favour of your hotel.
As well as paid for programmes, we work with a number of partners on an 'all brand basis' which means that all member hotels are automatically credited to the agency programmes when they join us, giving an immediate advantage to our membership over non preferred hotel chains.
The benefits of joining consortia & global hotel programmes
- 99% of Travel Agents and Hotel Booking Agencies have an affiliation to a consortia programme, and will search first on their "consortia" rates.
- Many of the smaller, lesser known agencies affiliate to these consortia as they lack the buying power to negotiate their own rates.
- Many times it's these agencies who provide better business than the well known TMCs as they have more SME accounts who don't have their own fixed hotel programs giving the agents much greater freedom to book.
- These agents also tend to book leisure travel as well as business travel improving the mix of business achieved from these consortia programmes.
- All major TMCs e.g. HRG, CWT and BCD now offer a Global Hotel Programme which requests the same 'Consortia' Rates for their own agents to book in the absence of a specified client negotiated rate.
- If you're not part of these Global Hotel Programmes then the likelihood is that your property will not appear on the first or even the second page of an availability search by the agent or client. Therefore your chances of reservations from these agencies (outside of specific client hotel programmes) are very slim.
If you want significant corporate business it is vital to work with these companies and we have put in place many of the agreements to help you reach them.